United Kingdom Infrared Telescope
(Mauna Kea 3.8 meter infrared telescope)
The United Kingdom Infrared Telescope (UKIRT)
is a 3.8 meter infrared telescope in Mauna Kea, Hawaii
owned by the United Kingdom Science and Technology
Facilities Council. It went into service in 1979.
Since 2014 it has been funded by NASA.
Decommissioning is planned when the Thirty Meter Telescope (TMT) is completed.
- CGS4 - cooled-grating spectrometer.
- UFTI - 0.8-2.5 micrometer imager.
- UIST - 0.8-5 micrometer imager/spectrometer.
- WFCAM - wide field imager.
- Michelle - mid-infrared imager/spectrometer.
- IRPOL - polarimetry module.
Referenced by pages:
Hawaii K-band Galaxy Survey
Mauna Kea Observatories (MKO)
WFCAM Transit Survey (WTS)