Mars Reconnaissance Orbiter
(Mars probe launched by NASA in 2005)
The Mars Reconnaissance Orbiter (MRO)
is a Mars probe launched in 2005 by NASA.
It went into Mars orbit in 2006 for a two-year
primary mission and has continued operation
into 2018 with plans to use it further if possible,
working around some "aging" problems.
- HiRISE - High Resolution Imaging Science camera - a .5m reflector telescope.
- CTX - Context Camera - grayscale.
- MARCI - Mars Color Imager - wide-angle low-resolution.
- CRISM - Compact Reconnaissance imaging spectrometer for Mars
- MCS - Mars Climate Sounder
- SHARAD - Shallow Subsurface Radar