(NeXT, New X-ray Telescope, Hitomi)
(Japanese space X-ray telescope)
ASTRO-H was an
X-ray observing satellite launched by Japan Aerospace Exploration Agency
in 2016. It failed soon after launch.
- HXT - Hard X-ray Telescope.
- SXT - Soft X-ray Telescope.
- HXI - Hard X-ray Imager.
- SXS - Soft X-ray spectrometer.
- SXI - Soft X-ray Imager.
- SGD - Soft Gamma-ray Detector.
- CAMS - Canadian Astro-H Metrology System.
A replacement mission, to carry out its goals is being considered
for launch in the 2020s.
Referenced by pages: