(Mars rover in development for 2020 launch)
The Rosalind Franklin
is the official name of the ExoMars Rover
(named to honor an English scientist),
a Mars rover project of
the European Space Agency (ESA) and Roscosmos,
as part of their ExoMars program of Mars exploration.
Plans as of 10/2020 are to launch in September 2022,
to land in June 2023 for at least seven months of operation.
- PanCam - Panoramic Camera.
- ISEM - Infrared Spectrometer for ExoMars.
- WISDOM - Water Ice Subsurface Deposits Observation on Mars.
- Adron-RM - Autonomous Detector of Radiation of Neutrons Onboard Rover at Mars.
- CLUPI - Close-Up Imager.
- Ma_Miss - Mars Multispectral Imager for Subsurface Studies.
- MicrOmega-IR - infrared "micro observatory", a microscope.
- RLS - Raman Laser Spectrometer.
Some instruments that were considered:
- Mars-XRD - Mars X-ray Diffractometer
- Urey - Mars organic and oxidant detector.
- MIMOS-II - Miniaturised Mössbauer Spectrometer.
- LMC - Life Marker Chip.
- MIMA - Mars Infrared Mapper.
Referenced by pages: